ZEIST, THE NETHERLANDS: Nine years after the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) was founded by three pioneer banks with the initial nine affiliates, we passed the 50-member milestone in the second quarter 2018, and officially welcomed seven new members committed to the #BankingOnValues movement.
The new members of the Global Alliance and the #BankingOnValues movement are:
Banco Popular de Honduras http://bancopopular.hn (Honduras)
CARD Bank https://cardbankph.com/ (The Philippines)
Charity Bank https://charitybank.org/ (UK)
Cooperative Bank of Karditsa http://www.bankofkarditsa.gr/ (Greece)
Dai-Ichi-Kangyo (DKC) Credit Union www.daiichikanshin.com (Japan)
ESAF Small Finance Bank https://www.esafbank.com/ (India)
UmweltBank https://www.umweltbank.de/ (Germany)
We are also happy to announce the latest partners to join our alliance in the last quarter: CARE International, The Institute for Social Banking (ISB) and Fundación Avina.
At the end of June 2018, the GABV family officially consisted of 54 members and 10 supporting partners.
Dr Marcos Eguiguren, Executive Director of the GABV, celebrated these latest successes: “At this time I am very happy to see that the GABV has grown into truly international alliance gathering more than 50 members from all around the world. Achieving and surpassing this milestone is truly incredible. I am pleased to see the growth in the number of supporting partners who will work with us to achieve a healthier financial system. With each new member joining our movement, we get a unique perspective and expertise on how to use finance to create positive economic, social and environmental impact for the individuals, organisations and communities we serve. We continue to be role models for change by educating and influencing other financial institutions to adopt the triple bottom line approach and to help clients and consumers make good choices.”
About the GABV
The Global Alliance for Banking on Values is a not-for-profit organisation and independent network of banks and banking cooperatives. They have a shared mission to use finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Founded in 2009, the GABV comprises of 54 members and 10 supporting partners operating in countries across Asia, Africa, Australia, South and North America and Europe. Collectively we serve close to 50 million customers, hold up to $163.4 billion USD of combined assets under management, and are supported by close to 60,000 co-workers. Learn more about the GABV, meet all our members and find how we are working to build a growing, global, values-based banking movement.
Jasmin Panjeta E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: +31 61 525 4228 #BankingOnValues
- GABV celebrates 50-member milestone
- From mission to supervision: putting sustainable prosperity on the agenda of the Dutch Central Bank
- Leadership and organizational culture based on sustainable innovational values: Portraying the case of the Global Alliance for Banking Based on Values (GABV)
- Values-based Banking Movement – Global Initiative Directed Towards Supporting Real Economy – by Upendra Poudyal, GABV Regional Representative for Asia-Pacific
- ‘The Regulatory Compas’ report analyses how can new technologies change the financial system
- FEBEA and GABV Welcome Opening Doors for Values-based finances in Europe
- Danish investors can now look for the Swan Label
- GABV’s MOOC Just Money at Triodos Bank