|Bank CDC Investment Works|
|Location London, United Kingdom|
For our portfolio company IIFL CDC enhanced gender diversity and inclusion within the workforce through gender diagnostics and action plans.
A gender diagnostic identified the need to improve internal gender diversity given that women accounted for only 8per cent of senior management staff, 5 per cent of middle management and 19 per cent of total staff.
Our interventions were as follows:
- Worked with IIFL to develop the business case and action plan for workplace diversity and inclusion
- Implemented women’s professional development programme
- Set targets for diversity and inclusion at all levels
- Our E&S team worked with IIFL to establish an ESG committee to monitor progress
- Gathered gender-disaggregated data across the workforce, senior management commitment, and defined responsibilities to implement a Gender Action Plan
As a result:
- Maternity return rate increased from 35 per cent to 95 per cent in two years
- Increased number of women being promoted
- Increased number of women applying for senior levels positions
- Increased number of women receiving coaching