Amsterdam – The Netherlands – March 16, 2020 – On February 24- 27, 2020, Alternative Bank Schweiz (ABS) hosted the 12th Global Alliance for Banking on Values Annual Meeting in Bern, Switzerland.
Every Degree Matters
This encounter brought together more than 65 international financial institutions and supporting partners committed to #bankingonvalues, encompassing the summit on climate and finance. Participants connected with Swiss experts to explore and share ideas about how to change finance in order to finance change.
Some of the highlights of this yearly event included:
- The launching of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values African Regional Chapter,
- The signature of an MoU between the Partnership for Carbon Accounting Financials (PCAF) and CIBAFI (General Council for Islamic Banks and Financial Institutions) to roll out carbon accounting in the Islamic banking sector,
- Presentation of the Banking on Values co-branding proposal, with a Banking on Values stamp that will be used by all GABV members during 2020,
- A special and felt recognition to our Executive Director, Marcos Eguiguren, our new “Friends of GABV Award winner 2020”,
- Announcement of the 2020 edition of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values Leadership Academy,
- Announcement of the GABV’s incoming Executive Director; Martin Rohner,
- Announcement of BRAC Bank (Dhaka, Bangladesh) as the host of the 2021 GABV’s Annual Meeting.
Let’s create something together, something values-based
See the photos from the Annual Meeting:
Remembering Sir Fazle