The GABV is looking for a Head of Impact and Research Metrics for 24 hours/week beginning soon. Please be aware that we can only consider applicants that already have a valid work or residence permit for The Netherlands. Deadline for applications: 6 October.
As the GABV’s Head of Impact and Research, you help define, articulate and promote the transformative power of values-based banking. You promote its development as a key force to transform conventional banking so it serves people and planet.
You gather examples of innovative, impactful values-based banking in practice, and use them to help strengthen the practice of values-based banking.
You work with the wider community to find strategic answers to the limits and opportunities of the evolving sustainable banking industry.
More specifically, your focus is to strengthen the work of the GABV’s members and further the impact and visibility of values-based banking. You oversee the GABV’s metrics and disclosure activity, lead the GABV’s research and policy work, and lead the GABV’s Impact and Metrics Community of Practice – a network of senior professionals working on strategy and policy as well as metrics and disclosure across the GABV’s 70+ member banks.
You work closely with, and line manage, the GABV’s Metrics and Impact Manager in particular on the GABV’s sustainable banking scorecard. The scorecard sets the bar for values-based banking; it structures and captures the vision, strategy and practice of values-based banks. You discuss findings from it with CEOs and others across the GABV membership. With input from the Metrics and Impact Manager, you interpret prospective member assessments and make recommendations for new members.
- Work with input from the Metrics and Impact Manager to make membership recommendations in consultation with Regional Representatives (RR) and the Executive Director (ED).
- Present recommendations to the Board as required.
- Conceptual lead: Working closely with the Metrics and Impact Manager to lead the conceptual development of the scorecard in consultation with members, the ED and other stakeholders
- Work with RRs and the ED to advise members on the results of the Scorecard and opportunities to improve.
Policy and Research
Community of Practice
- Convene and lead the global Community of Practice (CoP), a practitioner’s engagement platform focused on strategy and policy as well as metrics and disclosure
- Prepare relevant agendas for in person and online calls, as well as content-specific webinars, in consultation with the CofP and the Secretariat
- Translate and articulate relevant developments in the industry for internal stakeholders.
- In close consultation with the ED, develop and deliver a research strategy in support of the goals of the GABV and the wider values-based banking movement.
- Commission research, surveys and studies with external partners to further make the business case for values-based banking.
- Monitor key global and regional industry, policy and regulatory developments that are relevant and/or impact the values-based banking movement. Anticipate the limits and opportunities they present and develop a strategy to help address them.
- Prioritize developments and foster discussion on key topics within our Community.
Engagement and Advocacy
- Create the opportunity for action and change mindsets to advance values-based banking in the interests of GABV members; you do this via speaking and engaging with key stakeholders, including civil society organisations, international initiatives, policy makers and regulators.
- Targeted fundraising and project management for selected projects and priorities.
- You are a graduate, or post-graduate, with at least ten years’ relevant experience working in the banking/finance space
- You have demonstrable experience of, and interest in, values-based banking
- You are comfortable working with CEOs and enjoy engaging with people at a variety of levels
- You have experience leading research activities and some writing experience
- You are a fluent English speaker (Spanish is a distinct advantage but not a requirement for the role)
- Willingness to work with a flexible schedule and beyond regular working hours as we are an international organisation operating in different time zones
- You are able to work approximately 24 hours per week
- You are a mature, enthusiastic person who takes initiative and makes independent decisions.
- Good understanding of banking and finance and how it relates to social and environmental issues.
- Senior research skills with a focus on values-based finance
- Interpret and communicate complex ideas and data
- Leadership experience of an engagement platform with multiple stakeholders
- Project management and fundraising experience
- Public presentation skills.
What We Offer
- Training budget for professional development.
- Exposure to senior leaders of the world’s leading values-based banks.
- Opportunity to work in a supportive and international environment.
- Remote work most of the time.
If you are interested in the position, please send your motivation letter and CV (in English) to email@example.com with the reference HEAD IMPACT as soon as possible. Please note we will only consider applicants who send both a motivational letter and their CV, and are either based in Amsterdam, where the organisation is located, or work in the same time zone and are able to be in Amsterdam on a regular basis.
Deadline for applications: 6 October.