The Marketing & Communications Community of Practice (CofP) has been gathering momentum since 2014, when GABV members collaborated on the first international awareness initiative celebrating #BankingOnValues Day.
The purpose of the CofP is to collectively establish all members as ‘the’ reference point for values-based banking through a clearly defined point of view; key relationships; strategic partnerships; and public profile opportunities. Through a series of collaborations, the CofP hopes to use earned, paid, owned and social media locally to collectively amplify an alternative point of view to the current banking system and its role in society; advocate for changes to the banking system; influence changes in policy and regulation; establish members and partners as a highly regarded vibrant network of banks and supporters committed to influencing policymakers and regulators to develop a healthier banking system.
The CofP is a networking, sharing and innovation forum for senior Marketing and Communications experts from member banks. Upon joining the GABV, subject matter experts are invited to join the CofP to access tools and initiatives like:
- Basecamp (online collaborative site) to network, share and learn as a community of cause-based marketing, communications, and social media professionals supporting values-based banking;
- Bi-monthly or quarterly collaborative conference calls;
- Regional meetings (new for 2016).
In 2016, Marketing & Communications CofP activity included:
- Regular Community of Practice conference calls
- Document sharing through the Basecamp online portal. Total members: 91 (bi-lingual);
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) meeting minutes and communications;
- Design and distribution of the #BankingOnValues campaign-in-a-box to over 70 members and partners. The campaign-in-a-box was a 60+ page how-to guide containing messaging, tips, tools, timelines, graphics, a video, and collateral in English and Spanish to support regional amplification and collective collaboration on the international #BankingOnValues Day.
The Marketing & Communications CofP is coordinated by Fernando García-Escudero, Communications and Brand Manager, GABV.