The Global Alliance was established as a Dutch not-for-profit foundation in 2009. Under its Articles of Incorporation, the Alliance is governed by a Board of Directors. Operational responsibilities are delegated to a Secretariat through the Chair of the Board.
The Board has a regional structure with the Chair and Vice-Chair selected on a global basis. Current members include:
- David Reiling, CEO, Sunrise Banks (USA), Chair
- Shameran Abed, Director of BRAC Microfinance Programme (Bangladesh), Asia-Pacific Region
- Ugo Biggeri, President, Etica Sgr (Italy), European Region
- Beltrán Macchi Salín, Director of Visión Banco (Paraguay), Latin American Region
- Darrin L. Williams, CEO, Southern Bancorp, Inc (USA), North American Region
- Fabian Kasi, Managing Director, Centenary Bank (Uganda), African Region
- Damien Walsh, Managing Director, Bank Australia, (Australia), At Large
The GABV Honorary Directors:
- Peter Blom – Chair Emeritus, CEO, Triodos Bank (The Netherlands)
- Sir Fazle Hasan Abed KCMG (1936 – 2019, Founder of BRAC),
- Luis Felipe Derteano (Peru),
- Mary Houghton (USA), and
- Thomas Jorberg, CEO, GLS Bank (Germany).