Building Banking on Values Radio Show
It’s official, the #BankingOnValues movement is growing and global. VoiceAmerica Talk Radio Network, the world’s leading producer, distributor, and online broadcaster of original live and on demand talk radio programming worldwide, has teamed up with the Global Alliance for Banking on Values to take a behind the scenes look at the people, passion and potential of the values-based banking movement. The show is called Building Banking on Values it airs live on Thursdays at 3 PM Pacific time on VoiceAmerica Business. The show runs from April 7 to June 30.
VoiceAmerica Talk Radio Network is a true online broadcast network reaching a rapidly expanding international audience of millions of listeners every month in more than 140 countries worldwide. The broadcaster has been a pioneer in original live talk radio programming for the past fifteen years.
- 7 April, 2016: Can Serious Banking Have a Seriously Social Conscience? Listen now.
- 14 April, 2016: What is Feminine Banking? Lobbying and Teaching For Change. Listen now.
- 21 April, 2016: Can Research Influence Strategy and Organisational Change in Banking? Listen now.
- 28 April, 2016: Can Investment Banking Have a Heart? Listen Now.
- 5 May, 2016: Can Banking Build Resiliency Through Financial Inclusion? Listen Now.
- 12 May, 2016: Can Banking Go Beyond The Balance Sheet? Listen Now.
- 19 May, 2016: Can Grassroots Initiatives Change Banking For The Better? Listen Now.
- 26 May, 2016: With Today’s Corporate Culture Can Money Really Be Put To Good Use? Listen Now.
- 2 June, 2016: Can Investment Moguls Bridge The Gaps Between Ethical Investment, Growth Capital and An Equitable Global Economy? Listen Now.
- 9 June, 2016: Can Responsible Finance and Investment Build Strong Islamic and European Economies? Listen Now.
- 16 June, 2016: What’s Inspiring The Experts and Heretics of The Global Financial Divide? Listen Now.
- 23 June, 2016: What’s Social Solidarity/Ethical Investment and Banking? Listen Now.
- 30 June, 2016: Can Transformational Leaders Create Social Justice In Banking? Listen Now.
- Things You Should Never Say No To: When the right thing to do, is to just go ahead and do it!
- Why I Stepped-up to Speak Out About a Quiet Revolution in Banking
- Meet David: A Serious Banker Who Believes Banking Should Have a Seriously Social Conscience
- Meet Marcos: Sustainable-business Advocate, Banking Change Maker and Believer in ‘Banking to Save Our Planet’
- Meet John: Founder, Impact Investor and Finance Change Think Tank Collaborator
- Meet Linda: Connector, translator and maverick who builds bridges in the EU banking sector
- I Met the Queen While #BankingOnValues
- Meet Katrin: Researcher, Human Capital Expert, and MIT Educator Changing the Next Generation of Banking Professionals
- Meet Brendan and Kenneth: Strategic Advisers Leading Research and Organisational Change From Scotland to Canada
- Meet James and Gil: Investment Bankers With Corporate Heads and Social Hearts
- Meet Jesse and Stewart: Building Economic Resiliency and Independence Through Financial Inclusion
- Meet Tamara and Susan: Believers in How Banking Can and Should Go Beyond the Balance Sheet
- Meet Olaf, Darrin and Marloes: Leading Grassroots Change in Banking From Community Development Solutions to Occupy and Innovation Movements
- Meet Damien and Charles: A Corporate Philosopher and Banking Practitioner Who Believe Money Can Be Put To Good Use
- Meet Laurie and Jim: Investment Moguls Bridging the Gaps Between Ethical Investment, Growth Capital and An Equitable Global Economy
- Meet Blake and Diego: Driving Systemic Change Through Responsible Finance and ‘Common Good’ Economics
- Meet Brett and Martijn: Experts and Heretics of The Global Financial Divide
- Meet Cyrille, Vince and Whitni: Leading Change In Social Solidarity Investment and Banking From Europe To The USA
- Meet Kat and Mike: Transformational Leaders And Social Justice Advocates For Business And Banking
Join the Conversation On Social Media
About The Host
With up to 20 years’ experience in communications consulting, Linda Ryan understands the power and potential of change. As a communications facilitator, executive coach and corporate strategist Linda dedicates her career to harnessing people, partnerships and processes to support socially conscious entrepreneurs and innovators.
After the destruction caused by the 2008 banking crisis, Linda vowed to be a catalyst for positive change in business. She has collaborated internationally with companies leading their fields in utilities, education, software and finance. She jokingly describes herself as a ‘conscientious capitalist’, ‘corporate activist’ and ‘communications catalyst’ all rolled into one. But her work, in essence, supports people and organisations committed to creating positive economic, social and environmental impact.
After immigrating to Vancouver in 2010, Linda collaborated with one of Canada’s largest community-based credit unions. Inspired by concepts like ‘people before profit’, ‘good money’ and ‘community investment’, and amazed that the concepts were connected to the banking industry, Linda decided to collaborate to help build a positive revolution in banking. Now Adviser to the Global Alliance for Banking on Values, Linda delivers engagement initiatives and campaigns to change the finance industry into one that’s #BankingOnValues.
About The Show
Values-based banking, also known as ethical, regenerative, just or sustainable banking puts people before profit, and puts banking back in service of the people, organisations and communities that make it possible. The approach is practiced by a growing number of banks and banking cooperatives worldwide. These banks have diverse business models, products and services but one common banking model that commits to using all of the resources, people and capital to create positive economic, social and environmental impact. This is a different kind of banking. Find out about the growing global movement, and the people and passion behind it. The Global Alliance for Banking on Values is a not-for-profit foundation, and an independent network of banks and banking cooperatives with a shared mission to use finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development.
Interested in Coming on the Show?
- Contact Linda.Ryan@gabv.org