2016 was a busy year for the Global Alliance in terms of marketing and communications activities. We made significant progress in the following areas:
- Strengthening our corporate identity through redesign of the website
- Enhancement (content and functionality) of five online channels (gabv.org, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube);
- Monitoring of Basecamp online community and operational portals;
- Evolution and distribution of five eZines (subscribers grew 28%);
- All our key communications are bilingual (English and Spanish);
- Further enhancements of #BankingOnValues campaign.
The purpose of this activity was to extend the foundations necessary for the GABV to begin to establish itself as a vocal entity of experts in the field of values-based banking. Having the right channels in place, defining improvements, evolving content, testing online marketing strategies, listening to our members, partners and Communities of Practice, and gathering best practice ideas and initiatives has helped to position the GABV as an amplification forum for #BankingOnValues. This is evident in the following activity overviews.
In September, we launched a redesigned website under www.gabv.org. The website follows the steps set in the GABV2020 Strategy and supports efforts in implementation of new GABV branding. The website is fully equipped to support publishing of the Scorecard and to be an active tool for knowledge and information exchange amongst members.
New features include:
- Cross-platform responsiveness including desktop and mobile/handheld devices
- Multi-language functionality using Google Translate
- New look, layout, site map and navigation design
In 2016 the GABV fielded more than 50 interviews, which represents a 60% increase from 2015, resulting in media mentions in books, print and online articles, radio and video blogs. All mentions are available at www.gabv.org/news and are profiled regularly in the GABV eZine and mentioned on our social media channels, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
The GABV also launched an online portal of marketing and communications tools. The portal houses sample presentations, speaking points, videos, media inserts, logos, co-branding guidelines, and all related published articles, blogs and content for sharing and amplifying the news and initiatives of the Alliance among GABV members, partners, Communities of Practice and other audiences.
The GABV engaged in a range of event collaborations involving speaking opportunities, panel participations, co-branding, member offers, and media and social media amplification. Examples of these events are: page 28 Annual Report 2015
- 2nd Meeting Companies with values: Alliances for change (Spain);
- Economia Del Be Como ‘Economy for the Common Good’ (Spain);
- From footprint To Handprint (Germany);
- The Real Economy And the Financial Sector (Spain);
- Almedalsveckan/Almedalen Week 2016 (Sweden);
- Folkemødet (Denmark);
- Global Islamic Finance Forum (Malaysia);
- Foromic (Jamaica);
- Nexos +1 (Peru);
- Felaban Annual Assembly (Argentina);
- Encuentro Internacional, Modelando el Sistema Bancario (Spain)
The Global Alliance grew its strategic advocacy efforts in a number of areas, namely:
- European Banking Authority: Banking Stakeholder Group;
- Clinton Global Initiative with recognition from former US President Bill Clinton;
- Paris Pledge to Quit Coal. 10 GABV members signed the pledge;
- United Nations Environment Programme Inquiry into the Design of a Sustainable Finance System;
- United Nations: ‘Choose cooperatives, choose equality’; International Co-operative Alliance’s Blueprint for a Co-operative Decade.
Whether through consultations, knowledge sharing or campaign coordination, the GABV collaborated with a number of key organisations, including:
- Bank Track
- Capital Institute
- Enclude Solutions
- European Crowdfunding Network
- Finance Innovation Lab
- Finance Innovation Solutions
- Finance Watch
- Heron Foundation
- KR Foundation
- MIT CoLab
- Responsible Finance Institute
- SFRE: Sustainability | Finance | Real Economies SICAV
- Summer Foundation
Learn more about our Partners.
Growing the #BankingOnValues Online Community
On October 20, we called on all members to join the third international #BankingOnValues campaign. We asked all members, partners and co-workers actively involved in the Global Alliance, such as CEOs, programme participants and experts in our Communities of Practice (CofP), to lead and actively contribute to the campaign locally. By collaborating on one topic, with one voice, on one day, we aim to amplify this movement to new audiences and keep current stakeholders engaged.
We have seen significant increase of activities in all social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube). During the campaign the newly redesigned GABV website attracted even more visitors with the page views increasing by 35% as compared to 2015. The detailed campaign report is available upon request.
Building Banking on Values Radio Show
VoiceAmerica Talk Radio Network, the world’s leading producer, distributor, and online broadcaster of original live and on demand talk radio programming worldwide, teamed up with the Global Alliance for Banking on Values to take a behind the scenes look at the people, passion and potential of the values-based banking movement. The show was called Building Banking on Values and was aired live on Thursdays at 3 PM Pacific time on VoiceAmerica Business from April 7 to June 30.
VoiceAmerica Talk Radio Network is an online broadcast network reaching a rapidly expanding international audience of millions of listeners every month in more than 140 countries worldwide. The show had more than 9,000 listeners and the numbers are still growing with on-demand listening.
The full episodes can be accessed through this link.