Extract from the 2014 GABV Annual Report (launched April 1, 2015)
News highlights from our GABV members.
- Assiniboine Credit Union (Canada) receives 2014 Anne Lindsey Protecting Our Earth Award. Learn more.
- bankmecu (Australia) Managing Director wins CEO award for demonstrating leadership in environmental, social and economic outcomes for the bank, its customers and the community. Learn more.
- Beneficial State Bank (USA) announced as B Corp Best for the World overall impact winner, 2014. Learn more.
- BRAC Bank (Bangladesh) wins ‘Sustainable Marketing Excellence Award’ from CMO Asia for efficient marketing and distribution. Learn more.
- Centenary Bank (Uganda) invests in Kasubi youths ILO financial literacy programme for business empowerment. Learn more.
- Clean Energy Development Bank (Nepal) empowers deprived at Saankhu with clean and renewable energy for essential lighting needs. Learn more.
- Ecology Building Society (UK) launches dedicated mortgage for community shops helping to tackle the lack of services and isolation in rural areas. Learn more.
- First Green Bank (USA) 2014 Sustainable Florida Best Practices & Green Building and Leadership recipient. Learn more.
- GLS Bank foundation (Germany) gathered 400 dedicated people to discuss the future of money at the ‘first national money summit’. Learn more.
- New Resource Bank (USA) honoured as ‘Best for the World,’ creating the most overall positive social and environmental impact by B Lab. Learn more.
- Sunrise Banks (USA) becomes Minnesota’s first Benefit Corporation, a legal structure that redefines success in business by ensuring business is a force for good. Learn more.
- Triodos Investment Management (The Netherlands) innovates in evergreen impact investing with Triodos Organic Growth Fund. Learn more.
- XacBank (Mongolia) receives Best Bank award (Asia and the Pacific Region) from Global Finance magazine for leading services in the financial market with a focus on Planet, People and Profit. Learn more.
- Vancity (Canada) becomes the first mainstream financial institution in Canada to launch an alternative to predatory payday loans; reducing costs for borrowers and helping people break the cycle of debt. Learn more.