AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS: The Global Alliance for Banking on Values is delighted to welcome two new members and three new supporting partners to our network.
– Sanasa Development Bank (Sri Lanka) is the first bank in Sri Lanka to join the GABV and are a fast-growing MSME bank with 94 branches across the country.
– Grooming Microfinance Bank (Nigeria) is a microfinance bank providing inclusive financial services.
Lastly, we are very pleased to introduce three new supporting partners:
– CDC, development bank of the UK, who supports the building of businesses throughout Africa and South Asia, to create jobs, and to make a lasting difference to people’s lives in some of the world’s poorest places.
– Promujer, has become one of Latin America’s leading women’s development organizations. Their integrated approach offers access to finance, health and educational services.
– Sidi, International Solidarity for Development and Investment strives to contribute to the building of a more inclusive economy, which would give poor populations from Southern and Western countries a chance.
Dr. Marcos Eguiguren, Executive Director of the GABV, congratulated the new members: “Having new members from Sri Lanka and Nigeria joining to pave the way for #BankingOnValues in their country is truly a great moment. I am also happy to see that Asia Pacific and African Chapters are growing and expanding the diversity of business models. The GABV family will continue to grow and together we will manage to change finance to make a difference in the world.”
About the GABV
The Global Alliance for Banking on Values is a not-for-profit organisation and independent network of banks and banking cooperatives. They have a shared mission to use finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Founded in 2009, the GABV comprises of 58 financial institutions and 15 supporting partners operating in countries across Asia, Africa, Australia, South and North America and Europe. Collectively, we serve more than 56.3 million customers, hold up to $197,6 billion USD of combined assets under management, and we are supported by more than 67,000 co-workers. Learn more about the GABV, meet all our members and find how we are working to build a growing, global, values-based banking movement.
Jasmin Panjeta E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: +31 61 525 4228 #BankingOnValues
- Values-Based Leadership Program In Australia
- GABV Leadership Academy Intake 2020
- 50+ Global Financial Institutions Representing 2.9 Trillion in Assets Commit to Measure and Disclose the Carbon Emissions of their Loans and Investments
- The Melting Icecaps need to be saved
- Banca Etica joins the global climate mobilization on September 27th
- GABV continues to grow and advance the banking on values movement
- “Center-invest” became a member of the international Association of ESG banks