ZEIST, THE NETHERLANDS: The Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) celebrates another successful end of year by welcoming a new member committed to banking on values coming from Malaysia. With the new members, the Global Alliance now comprises of 47 members and seven partners from around the world. We are continuing the work and a shared mission to use finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development.
The newest member to join the Global Alliance and the #BankingOnValues movement is
- Bank Muamalat http://www.muamalat.com.my (Malaysia).
Marking the occasion, Bank Muamalat’s CEO Dato’ Haji Mohd Redza Shan Abdul Wahid noted: “We hope that our journey in becoming a socially responsible bank will be more meaningful with the Global Alliance beside us. With the values embraced by GABV and all its members, we are inspired to influence positive social and environmental impacts in Malaysia and the world.”
Dr Marcos Eguiguren, GABV executive director, welcomed Bank Muamalat: “I am proud and honoured to see the network grow and root itself in different parts of the world. It is a big success to have the first bank from Malaysia joining #BankingOnValues movement. I am happy to welcome Bank Muamalat and establish new bridges between all the members working to make a positive change in the world. With each new member we gain a unique perspective and expertise on how to use finance to create positive economic, social and environmental impact for the individuals, organisations and communities worldwide. Only together we will be able to deliver on our mission to put banking back in service of people, the economy and the environment“.
The Global Alliance, together with its members and partners, continues its work to make the world of finance more values-based, to minimize the effect on the environment, and to become a role model and inspiration for change in the financial world.
About the GABV
The Global Alliance for Banking on Values is a not-for-profit organisation and independent network of banks and banking cooperatives with a shared mission to use finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Founded in 2009, the GABV comprises of 47 financial institutions and seven strategic partners operating in countries across Asia, Africa, Australia, Latin America, North America and Europe. Collectively we serve more than 41 million customers, hold up to $127 billion USD of combined assets under management, and we are supported by more than 48,000 co-workers. Learn more about the GABV and how we’re working to build a growing, global, values-based banking movement.
- Real Economy – Real Returns: The Business Case for Values-based Banking
- Where Money Moves Matters – GABV Stories of Systemic Change
- Barcelona’s First Deputy Mayor defends banking on values “as an alternative to the current model and its catastrophic effects.”
- GABV and Barcelona City Council to Host an International Conference on Banking on Values
- Ethical and sustainable finance for the future of Europe – Event at European Parliament
- #BankingOnValues Day 2017: Join the 41 million people choosing values-based banking
- Are You Ready to Become Bankers? GABV’s Executive Director Marcos Eguiguren spoke at TedX Gracia
- Global Alliance for Banking on Values Welcomes Three New Members
Jasmin Panjeta E: email@example.com T: +31 61 525 4228 #BankingOnValues
Download the PR in Spanish here