From 19th to 22nd April 2017 Málaga (Spain) will host the Global Forum NESI “New Economy and Social Innovation”, a key meeting point for people, organisations and international networks that work to co-create a more sustainable and people-centered economy. The GABV is proud to announce we have become one of NESI Forum’s media partners.
Also called “the Davos of the new economy”, NESI Forum will gather over 400 attendees, from businesses and investors, to activists, civil society organisations, academics and policy-makers, with 3 key goals:
– Defining a road map to guide governments towards a new paradigm based on values and which guarantees the wellbeing of all people;
– Creating solid links of cooperation amongst organizations and new economy movements across the world; and
– Mobilizing firms, NGOs, social movements, the academic world and the civil society to contribute to achieve the United Nations Sustainable Development objectives and the Paris Agreement on Climate Change through “bottom-up” processes.
NESI Forum is a project of the Global Hub for the Common Good, an open and participative think tank aimed at catalysing the transition towards a more sustainable, fair, collaborative and people-oriented economy. It is co-organized by the main international networks of the New Economy, such as RIPESS (Social & Solidarity Economy), the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV), B-Corporations and Sistema B, Ouishare, Economy for the Common Good, Transition Towns, International Alliance for Localisation, Initiatives of Change as well as other important partners such as the New Economics Foundation and the Schumacher College.
The programme includes keynotes, workshops, dialogues and peer-to-peer sessions, organised around four main tracks: Rethinking money and the future of finance, The Organisations of the Future, Globalisation vs localization, and Learning and training for a new economy.
- Track 1: “Rethinking Money: the future of finance”. Including topics such as “money creation”, “reshaping banking”, “reshaping finances” and “The role of philanthropy in the new economy”
- Track 2: “The Organisations of the Future” with discussions about “Social Purpose”, “Conscious Consumption” and “Networking for the common good”.
- Track 3: “Globalisation vs localisation” including “The Cities of the Future”, “Food sovereignty” and “Democratising energy”.
- Track 4: “Learning and training for a new economy” that will deal with topics such as “Reshaping Education” and “The role of Media and social media in the new economy”
These topics will be covered by speakers from all over the world: Marcos Eguiguren, Executive Director of the GABV; Gunter Pauli, creator of the concept of Blue Economy; Christian Felber, founder of the international movement Economy for the Common Good; Tessa Wenink, co-founder of Fairphone; Peter Holbrook, Chief Executive of Social Enterprise UK; Katherine Trebeck, researcher at Oxfam GB… and many more!
Are you sure you want to miss it? Join us at NESI Forum this spring!
Members of the GABV get a 20% discount on top of any ticket. Make sure you get yours before they run out! https://nesiforum2017.eventbrite.co.uk?discount=bankingonvalues
Let’s change the economy to change the world