We’re always looking for talented, passionate and like-minded professionals who want to bring positive change to the banking system. Whether you’re interested in working directly with the GABV team, or being placed with a member or partner, the job listings below could be just what you’re looking for. Internships, secondments, placements and full-time positions become available on a regular basis.
Members and Partners
If you are a GABV member or partner interested in advertising a paid position or an internship, placement or secondment, let us know and we will help you profile the vacancy. Email the vacancy details to email@example.com. Please be sure to include information like, role title, contract duration, recruitment contact information (name, email, telephone number) and details on the position you’d like advertised e.g. role description, company profile, remuneration etc. (as an attachment) and we will post your position.
GABV Secretariat, Zeist, The Netherlands
The Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) is an independent network of banks with a shared mission o using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. The Global Alliance consists of 43 financial institutions operating across multiple countries in Asia, Africa, Australia, South, Central, and North America, and Europe. For more information about the Global Alliance, please visit our website www.gabv.org.
The GABV is looking for a new colleague to join the team
6 Months, Zeist, The Netherlands
Founded in 2009, the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) is an independent network of banks with a shared mission to use finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. The alliance consists of 41 financial institutions operating across 30 countries in Asia, Africa, Australia, South, Central and North America, and Europe. Additional members are expected to join in the near term.
The GABV is looking for a Metrics Intern for a minimum of 4 months and a maximum of 6 months for 32 to 40 hours/week beginning 1 July 2017
- Please be aware that we can only consider applicants that already have a valid work and residence permit for The Netherlands and that are registered as a student throughout the internship period
During the assignment the intern will gain knowledge and experience of sustainable finance and banking subjects as well as analytic skills relative to bank financial and non-financial metrics. There are three key types of tasks:
- Research; e.g. desk research on financial institutions in general and sustainable banking in specific, financial analysis on a variety of types of banks to support overall research publication on the business case for sustainable banking, research on multiple aspects of non-financial financial sector metrics and initiatives in this area, research on and development of detailed assessments of potential members for the GABV
- Project management support; e.g. providing support in the management of a complex project relative to the development and use of a Scorecard to assess banking sustainability, assisting in meeting and webinar organisation as well as communication for multiple stakeholders in the project
- Organizational tasks; e.g. providing administrative support for updating the GABV website member information and other administrative tasks
- Relevant Bachelor or Master students (Master level strongly preferred)
- A strong command of written and spoken English is necessary as all research and communication tasks are conducted in English. Spanish capability is highly valued.
- Interest in banking and financial services as well as sustainability and social development
- Exposure to financial analysis using publicly available information, preferably with experience in reviewing financial statements for banking institutions
- Exposure to non-financial metrics for assessing performance, preferably in the financial services sector
- The internship is relevant if you are interested in sustainable finance, financial and non-financial analysis and economics. In order to make this internship a success it is important that the intern likes to perform research and do organizational work
- Strong analytical skills including excellent Excel skills are required as you will be asked to compile data from public financial reports of financial institutions and submissions from banks. Analytical skills to analyse data, compile graphs and diagrams, interpret results and identify potential analysis and spreadsheet errors are very helpful
- Basic understanding of annual reports, balance sheets, income statements and knowledge of financial ratios especially as they relate to banking and finance
- Able to work independently although you will work closely within a small secretariat
The location of the GABV office is in Zeist, the Netherlands.
If you are interested in the position of GABV Metrics Intern, please send your motivation letter and CV (in English) before 15 June 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org