We’re always looking for talented, passionate and like-minded professionals who want to bring positive change to the banking system. Whether you’re interested in working directly with the GABV team, or being placed with a member or partner, the job listings below could be just what you’re looking for. Internships, secondments, placements and full-time positions become available on a regular basis.
Members and Partners
If you are a GABV member or partner interested in advertising a paid position or an internship, placement or secondment, let us know and we will help you profile the vacancy. Email the vacancy details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include information like, role title, contract duration, recruitment contact information (name, email, telephone number) and details on the position you’d like advertised e.g. role description, company profile, remuneration etc. (as an attachment) and we will post your position.
The GABV is looking for a new colleague to join our team in Zeist, The Netherlands
RESEARCH AND SCORECARD COORDINATOR (RSC)
GLOBAL ALLIANCE FOR BANKING ON VALUES
The Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) is an independent network of banks with a shared mission of using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. The Global Alliance consists of 40 financial institutions operating across multiple countries in Asia, Africa, Australia, South, Central, and North America, and Europe. For more information about the Global Alliance, please visit our website www.gabv.org
You will proactively engage with members, Associate Banks and Supporting Partners to help them exchange knowledge and requirements focused on research to support the business case for values based banking and metrics to support assessment and communication of business results. The RSC will source internally from members and externally from relevant entities opportunities for expanding both research and metrics activities of the GABV. To this end, you will engage constantly with others within the GABV Secretariat, especially Chapter Representatives, Communications and Marketing, and the Executive Director whilst working with direction and support from the Senior Economist.
- Support building strategic partnerships with external stakeholders focused on changing the banking paradigm to support social impact delivery as well as financial results with a focus on research and metrics related content
- Managing a broad spectrum of projects supporting development and implementation of the Scorecard, a proprietary GABV assessment tool to measure any bank’s business model for compliance with the Principles of Values Based Banking with specific activities in:
- Developing a long term strategic plan for use of the Scorecard, most likely extending beyond GABV members
- Managing the ongoing development of the Scorecard in coordination with the GABV Metrics Network and external stakeholders
- Recommending and implementing an operational platform to gather Scorecards from a growing number of banks
- Developing and implementing communications for the Scorecard overall and for specific banks using the Scorecard including websites, social media and general presentations
- Managing and supporting expanded research internally and externally to further build the business case for Values Based Banking
Key requirements for success include an entrepreneurial approach to delivering results with incredible flexibility, proactivity and tolerance for ambiguity and uncertainty in a complex and changing environment.
Candidates must have a strong capability for internal and external networking and an appetite to develop excellent and close relationships in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual setting.
He / she will report to the Senior Economist but with a very strong connection to the Executive Director.
As the Senior Economist is not full time in the office and the Executive Director is based abroad with frequent travel, candidates must be open to be guided at a distance with periodical in person or video conference interactions. However, full support will be provided by the Senior Economist, with extensive experience in banking as well as the development of the GABV with a focus on the Scorecard and research.
- Have a minimum of 3 – 5 years experience with an impact metrics or finance background
- You are a planner and strategic thinker
- You have a keen eye for detail especially in analysis, writing, editing, and developing content and publications
- You are creative with small budgets and high workloads to create effective solutions in a fast paced environment
- You have high energy, a positive attitude and the drive to continuously add value
- Excellent oral and written, preferably native, knowledge of English is a must with a strong preference for someone with fluency in Spanish
- Prior experiences and proven track record in fields similar to the activities to be performed in this role are required
- Previous experience in small to mid sized network/NGO organizations, multicultural settings or banking would be an asset
- Ideally advanced degree or MSc in business, economics or development
The candidate must be someone not “looking for a job” but looking with passion for a challenge during the next (minimum) two to (maximum) four years that will foster their professional careers into a next step. They are seeking to be a co-entrepreneur rather than merely co-worker.
Note: Applicants must be based in Europe with a strong preference for a Netherlands location. They must be nationals of a European member state or have a valid working permit for the European Union.
What we have to offer
The GABV is a great learning opportunity for people that are looking for something different. They will work with an inspiring team and engage with great leaders from the different Banks and Supporting Partners. We work as a creative team with a steep learning curve at a high pace, enabling you to develop yourself and your work further.
They must be willing to work hard in a growing in an uncertain environment within a movement of banks that want to change the worldwide banking paradigm. At the GABV things are not stable and will not be stable in the coming years since the GABV Secretariat and the member banks are continuously writing new pages in the history of the movement. This means that the Research and Scorecard Coordinator will be a protagonist in the development of what the GABV is going to look like in the future. This is an exciting challenge and a great career opportunity. They will not be just working for the GABV but will be co-shaping the GABV of the future.
Ideally we are looking for someone seeking to work the equivalent of four or five days per week with a flexible approach. The budget the GABV has to finance the job is between € 2800,- and € 3500,- per month based on 36 hours including social security and other related costs if any. The GABV does not provide a pension scheme. Salaries will be revised and improved every year according to performance.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com with reference to the position you are interested in before 10 April 2017
For questions, email Senior Economist, David Korslund firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources, Ms Sevinc Demirbas, email@example.com