One group of bankers is making a difference for nearly half a billion people on Earth every day, and their immediate actions in the face of COVID-19 are a testament to the responsiveness and resilience of their movement’s banking principles.
Read a comprehensive summary of the best practices that GABV members have developed in response to the coronavirus from the GABV’s members.
COVID-19 related news/articles covered by our members
- Response and responsibility: Banks and the fight against Covid-19
- Distance Economy Design Concept by Dr Vasily Vysokov, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Center-invest Bank
- How the Covid-19 Crisis turned one CEO into Counselor in Chief
- Triodos Bank CEO Peter Blom has written a letter to members of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values.
- Thomas Jorberg, CEO of GLS Bank on the corona crisis: health before global economy (in German)
- ESG rating “linked to outperformance” amidst coronavirus pandemic
- ‘Reset the economy, find a new balance between social, ecological and economic values’ by Kees Vendrik, Chief Economist Triodos Bank
- Southern Bancorp’s CEO Darrin Williams weighs in on “Trump asking Congress for more small business funds if money runs out” on Fox News
- Triodos Bank proposes concrete agenda for resilient and inclusive recovery
- A Viral Response to COVID-19: Mobilizing Values-based Financial Institutions to rapidly distribute financial and health best practices around the world
- Community banks a model for resilient banking
- Banking through the crisis — The experience of Banca Etica, Italy — 26 March 2020
- Navigating prudential regulation during COVID-19 – The experience of Triodos Bank, The Netherlands — 9 April 2020
- Banca en valores en tiempos de crisis – El caso peruano — Caja Arequipa, Peru — 4 May 2020
- BRAC’s approach to the COVID-19 crisis – Bangladesh – 29 May 2020
- Merkur’s approach to the COVID-19 crisis – Denmark – 2 June 2020
The Bright Side – Uplifting videos messages from the GABV and members
Our members have been working hard towards serving their clients during these difficult times. Here is a list of initiatives and campaigns our members have taken during the last quarter.
Featured image by cottonbro