We’re always looking for talented, passionate and like-minded professionals who want to bring positive change to the banking system. Whether you’re interested in working directly with the GABV team, or being placed with a member or partner, the job listings below could be just what you’re looking for. Internships, secondments, placements and full-time positions become available on a regular basis.
Members and Partners
If you are a GABV member or partner interested in advertising a paid position or an internship, placement or secondment, let us know and we will help you profile the vacancy. Email the vacancy details to email@example.com. Please be sure to include information like, role title, contract duration, recruitment contact information (name, email, telephone number) and details on the position you’d like advertised e.g. role description, company profile, remuneration etc. (as an attachment) and we will post your position.
GABV Secretariat, Zeist, The Netherlands
Member and Partner Positions
Triodos Investment Management
The GABV is an independent network of banks with a shared mission of using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Triodos Bank is one of the Board members of the GABV.
The Global Alliance consists of 55 financial institutions operating across multiple countries in Asia and the Pacific, Africa, the Americas, and Europe. For more information about the Global Alliance, please visit our website www.gabv.org.
For the team in Zeist we are looking for a:
Marketing and Communications Intern
This is where we need your help. We are looking for a communications intern – someone who is able to help with our content and professionalism. This includes:
- Website management
- Promotional materials
- Social media
- Banking on Values Campaign
A particularly exciting and challenging part of the job is helping us building the Banking on values movement. Through social media and other means, we want to engage different audiences to really speak up on the financial issues that matter the most, share with each other and contribute to make a change! So if you are energetic, dynamic, love twitter, Facebook, blogs, online communities – this might just be the job for you!
We are looking for an individual who is keen to develop skills in:
- Website management (WordPress)
- Photoshop/graphic design (Adobe Creative Suite and HTML)
- Social media management (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin)
- Native English speaking & writing; Other languages a plus
- Content writing
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and values flexibility
- Ability to learn quickly and on the job
- Creative and proactive personality
Key tasks include:
- Content coordination across earned, paid, owned and social media. Projects of interest include website and social media updates, Annual Report development, eZine production, member pack development, and GABV collateral;
- Campaign and initiatives coordination. Projects of interest include the international #BankingOnValues Day, media relations, and the International Marketing and Communications Community of Practice;
- Event coordination. Projects of interest include event management, support for the GABV Annual Meeting communication efforts, partner events, and sponsorship opportunities analysis and support.
You will ideally be available for at least 4 -6 months, for a minimum of 32h/week starting in October/November 2018. You will work directly under our Marketing and Communications Coordinator, with occasional remote supervision and weekly bilateral feedback sessions. You will take part in the Secretariat weekly meetings and monthly team meetings.
In order to be eligible to do an internship, you must have student status throughout your internship period.
If you are interested please send us your CV and a short letter of motivation. You can address your letter to Jasmin Panjeta at firstname.lastname@example.org Please state on the subject line the position you are applying for.
Project & Knowledge Management Intern
You will make an important contribution to the development of this global network of stakeholders, assisting the secretariat in promoting the goals and objectives of the banking on values movement. The internship takes place at the GABV in Zeist, where the intern will work as a member of the team.
The intern will support team activities that contribute to training/knowledge transfer and drawing ‘lessons learnt’.
In particular, the intern will be asked to:
• Regularly update the organizations client management system
• Assist in regular content of the upcoming Member-only space
• Assist in optimizing and facilitating knowledge exchange amongst the team
• Conduct research to identify new knowledge management practices that we can implement;
• Assist in the coordination of internal events, i.e. brownbag meetings and webinars;
• Review the existing knowledge management tools, system and content to identify existing gaps.
• Contribute to other projects, including Communities of Practice Annual Survey and Report (Nov 2018) and Annual Event Report (Mar 2019)
The internship offers students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure the Values-Based Banking movement. It is designed to assist a student in using her/his communication and management skills to assist the organization in organizing its work and ensuring it is made readily available
Ideally we are looking for a student intern that fits these criteria:
- Availability of at least 4 -6 months, for a minimum of 32h/week
- The completion (or near completion) of a graduate or undergraduate degree in business, finance, economics, political science, international development or other relevant field.
- Working experience in an international organization or the financial sector is a strong asset.
- Fluency in English is a requirement, knowledge of Spanish and/or Dutch is an asset.
- Excellent Communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability and willingness to operate on a multicultural team.
- Values independence and flexibility, possesses an entrepreneurial spirit
- Knowledge of Salesforce is an asset
- have student status throughout your internship
You will work directly under our Knowledge Management and Services to Members Coordinator, with occasional remote supervision and weekly bilateral feedback sessions. You will take part of the Secretariat weekly meetings and monthly team meetings.
If you are interested, please send us your CV and a short letter of motivation. You can address your letter to Sofia Ortega Tineo at email@example.com Please state on the subject line the position you are applying for.
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money has the power to get things done. At Triodos Bank we ensure that money helps change society for the better. Based on this mission, we have financed companies, institutions and projects working towards positive social, ecological and cultural change for almost 40 years. We owe all this to the savers and investors who choose a fair, sustainable and humane society.
Triodos Investment Management (Triodos IM), a 100% subsidiary of Triodos Bank, is a globally recognized leader in impact investment. Triodos IM currently manages 16 funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets. Over the years the business has grown to EUR 4.2 billion. This growth is the result of Triodos IM’s deep market sector insights and knowledge in combination with the sustainability objectives and commitments of our partners. More information? See www.triodos-im.com
The Product Management team of Triodos Investment Management is responsible for the product life cycle management, the corporate household and the fund reporting of the Triodos investment funds. The department consists of a team of 11 people.
To replace the current co-worker, who will make a career step within the organization, we are looking for a:
Junior/Medior Product Manager
(32-40 hours a week)
What are you going to do?
• Coordinate the preparation of the (semi) annual reports of the investment funds
- Coordinate the set up and updates of legal and fund related documents, like prospectus and financial leaflets, in close cooperation with other departments
- Prepare and take minutes of all meetings of the Supervisory Board, Board of Directors and the annual shareholders meetings
• Prepare product reviews and coordinate product changes
• Support the senior product managers and fund managers
• Maintain contacts and coordinating activities with, among others, external depositaries, administrators and accountant
• Support the Business Development department by handling requests of clients
• Contribute to the optimal alignment of investment funds with the needs of our clients
- Manage projects to optimize our current fund management & procedures or to develop and introduce new funds
- A bachelor or master’s degree, preferable in Economics, Finance or Business Administration
- At least 1-year of relevant experience with investment funds, preferably with Luxembourg funds
- Experience in working in and coordinating projects
- Affinity with legal, financial, administrative, sales and fund management aspects
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both orally and in writing is required!
You recognize yourself in the following typing:
- Accurate, well organized and hands-on mentality
- Pragmatic and flexible personality that can work well together
- Focused on realizing deadlines and motivating others to do so
- Driven to understand processes and to proactively improve quality
- Large sense of accountability
- Affinity with the mission and vision of Triodos Bank
The team works from our office in Zeist, The Netherlands.
Do you want to make a difference?
Our first priority is impact – the difference is made by us as an Investment Manager and you as an Investment Officer. We have an open and transparent corporate culture. We prioritize professional and personal development and believe in education and training. https://www.triodos.com/careers
For more information about this position, please contact Ingeborg Nefkens, Head of Product Management, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 06-51800164. She is available as of Monday 2 September 2019.
Please send your motivation letter including CV before 9 September 2019 via the link: https://nl.triodosjobs.com/EN/vacature/reference/NLGABVJ41048/application-form.aspx. Please note that the first rounds of interviews will take place on 13th or 16th of September and the second round on 23th of September.
Triodos Groenfonds has the ambition to accelerate the energy transition by investing in projects and initiatives that contribute to combating climate change in the Netherlands and emerging markets. The fund has a 20% allocation (ca EUR 200 million) to invest in energy & climate (E&C) investments in emerging markets. Current investments consist of 10 larger loans of utility-based wind, hydro and solar project finance across ten countries in all emerging markets continents. Moreover, the fund is seeking fund of fund fund investments in innovative segments like Commercial & Industrial, circular economy, energy efficiency, carbon sequestration, amongst others. The existing fund of fund portfolio consists of 2 fund-of fund equity investments and will be extended in the coming years.
In order to strengthen the team, Triodos Investment Management is looking for an ambitious individual to fulfil the position of:
in emerging markets
(36 – 40 hours a week)
You will play a direct role in increasing the impact of the fund through sourcing, negotiating and managing new investments as well as optimising the performance and composition of the investment portfolio.
After fulfilment of this position, the team will consist of two Senior Investment Managers, an investment manager and an Environmental and Social (E&S) internal Investment Manager. The team works closely with the fund manager and the senior E&C analyst. The team is organized as a self-managing team to the maximum extent possible. Formally you will report to the Director Energy & Climate.
- Evaluate and develop investment opportunities that fit with the mission of Triodos and the mandate of the fund through active relationship management with existing and new partners;
- Structure deals. Write and present investment proposals in the Investment Committee;
- Manage the execution of the deal by negotiating transaction documentation, performing due diligence, working with legal, tax, E&S and technical advisors;
- Support and contribute to the Fund of Funds assessments and investments by working closely together with the Fund Manager.
- Monitor your portfolio companies including periodic reviews
- Service the loans (disbursements, FX hedging together with Portfolio Administration, waivers etc).
This is you:
You understand developments in the energy transition in emerging markets and are familiar with an investment process from origination to closing. You have worked on associated documentation achieving solutions within mandate and acceptable for prospective investees.
- You are used to manage relationships and have the affinity and personal connection with the mission and values of Triodos Bank as well as the capacity to communicate these and translate them into daily activities
- 2-4 years working experience of which at least 2 years of experience in project finance, project equity and /or M&A in the renewable energy sector, preferably in an international environment
- Academic degree, preferably Business Economics / Business law
- Fluent in Dutch and English (orally and in writing). Preferably knowledge of other languages (Spanish, French) and a cross cultural sensitivity;
- Proven experience in execution of investments in an asset finance or private equity context
- Experience with working with external advisors (i.e. legal, tax, financial and technical)
- Excellent skills in preparing and reviewing financial models in an asset finance or private equity context
- Preferably you bring along a network that can contribute to our deal sourcing capabilities
- A result-oriented, self-starting entrepreneurial work attitude, used to work in multidisciplinary teams across companies and countries;
- Inquisitive by nature with an eye for new developments in the sector and the ability to convert this into opportunities for the fund;
- A solution focussed attitude, pragmatic and with good business sense.
- Willingness to travel -to the Emerging Markets on a regular basis (once per month).
The position is based in Zeist, the Netherlands, and applicants must be nationals of a European member state or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
Who we are:
Triodos Investment Management, a 100% subsidiary of Triodos Bank, is a globally recognised leader in impact investment. The business has grown based on deep market sector insights and commitment to sustainability objectives of our partners. Triodos Investment Management currently manages 17 funds (totalling over EUR 4,4 billion) investing in both Europe and emerging markets.
More information? See www.triodos-im.com.
You want to make a difference:
As a sustainable organisation it is our priority to invest pro-actively in your personal and professional development. You will be working in a professional, informal and transparent atmosphere and be a member of an international team which will motivate you to perform and develop your personal and professional goals. We offer a working environment within a growing organisation where there is room for personal ideas, initiatives and balance.
In addition to this we offer:
- a salary appropriate to who you are and what you are capable of;
- 28 paid holiday days for a 40-hour working week, and the opportunity to purchase 2 extra weeks;
- training and development opportunities;
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home;
- 100% public transport allowance for journeys between home and work;
- an attractive pension scheme;
- a bike scheme.
For more information about this position, please contact Angeles Toledo Rodriguez by e-mail via Angeles.ToledoRodriguez@triodos.nl or telephone number +31 30 694 7829.
If you are interested in the position, please send your application (including motivation letter) via the application link: https://nl.triodosjobs.com/EN/vacature/reference/NLGABVJ40311/application-form.aspx before September 4th, 2019, by clicking on the apply button.
Details from this advertisement are not to be used for marketing purposes.