We’re always looking for talented, passionate and like-minded professionals who want to bring positive change to the banking system. Whether you’re interested in working directly with the GABV team, or being placed with a member or partner, the job listings below could be just what you’re looking for. Internships, secondments, placements and full-time positions become available on a regular basis.
Members and Partners
If you are a GABV member or partner interested in advertising a paid position or an internship, placement or secondment, let us know and we will help you profile the vacancy. Email the vacancy details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include information like, role title, contract duration, recruitment contact information (name, email, telephone number) and details on the position you’d like advertised e.g. role description, company profile, remuneration etc. (as an attachment) and we will post your position.
GABV Secretariat, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Communications and Marketing Manager
The Communications and Marketing Manager is a key role within the Global Alliance for Banking on Values’ Netherlands-based secretariat. In this role, you will lead our efforts to powerfully communicate the GABV’s position as the world’s leading network of values-based banks.
You are a self-starter with broad experience and a strong connection to our mission. You enjoy working independently with limited resources, to develop and deliver an effective communications and marketing strategy that promotes a banking sector that is fairer, greener and more resilient. You can adapt to changing circumstances, from developing our online presence to producing our annual report and hosting meetings with fellow professionals.
You proactively engage with communication and marketing professionals in our member banks to develop a vibrant Community of Practice. As a result of your efforts, participants learn from each other, strengthening their individual and collective effectiveness.
You are a seasoned professional who is credible whether speaking with CEOs or fellow marketing and communications professionals. You are willing to go the extra mile at times of more intense activity and enjoy being an active part of a small, diverse and motivated team.
Your tasks include the following:
- Together with senior colleagues, develop and execute an integrated communication and brand strategy in support of the GABV’s strategy to lead, strengthen and expand
Internal communications and public relations
- Improve and deliver key internal and external communication projects, such as the production of the annual report, ezines, the Executive Director quarterly letter and support the delivery of key external publications, such as case studies that highlight how values-based and traditional banking differ
- Proactively identify opportunities to maximise the publicity value of existing and emerging GABV activities
- Secure press coverage in globally significant/relevant media either independently or via agencies, with a limited budget
- Develop media partnerships in support of wider GABV activity
- Create, manage and monitor the effectiveness of a coherent approach to GABV representation at relevant events.
- With support from a part-time digital native who will report to you, deliver a significant step up in the quality of the GABV’s online presence via a new digital strategy:
Clarify our target audience, identify key channels to reach them, develop an effective approach to content creation and delivery, substantially improve our visitors’ user experience on the website and monitor and report on the GABV’s digital presence, in line with clear goals.
- Increase the relevance and value of a Communications and Marketing Community of Practice (including facilitation of practitioner calls and meetings, and the maintenance of a member online website)
- Develop an executive ‘Banking on Values Day’, an annual global event to showcase values-based banking.
- Support the team in the preparation and execution of the Annual Meeting and the Regional Chapter Meetings
- Ensure the GABV brand supports the network’s goals; that it is easily used by the GABV secretariat (developing appropriate templates etc) and it is widely used and adds value for the GABV’s members. This will likely involve an initial spike in activity followed by a lighter, monitoring role.
- 8-10 years’ experience in corporate communications
- Hands-on, ‘can do’ mentality
- Strong interest in sustainable finance and values-based banking
- Ability to reach international media contacts
- Able to communicate effectively in written and verbal English (an additional language, particularly Spanish, is preferable but not essential).
- This is a full-time role (32-40 hours/week)
- Applications by cover letter and CV
- Salary: to be discussed (plus 13th month, 8% holiday allowance and other similar benefits) depending on candidate’s profile. For additional information application (Cover letter and CV) please contact James Niven, Chief Operations and Programme Officer
- Deadline for application 29 January 2021
- Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Member and Partner Positions
Business Development Manager – Blended Finance (32- 40 hours)
- Responsible for the expansion of the product portfolio of Triodos IM, with a dedication to highly innovative ‘deep impact’ funds that require different qualities of capital (blended finance) including so-called catalytic capital to develop new markets
- Initiating and developing new investment funds (primarily private debt and/or equity) that meet investor needs
- Partnerships and ‘coalition building’: bringing together the right partners to create real impact in relatively nascent investment themes
- First focus will be on the development of a European Natural Capital initiative, a fund or other platform that aims to make the restoration of nature in Europe investable. A future focus area will be the diversification of our investment themes in Emerging Markets (beyond inclusive finance and utility scale renewable energy), pursuing a broader ‘access to basic needs’ agenda in developing countries
- Successful fundraising by pitching new fund ideas to relevant investor segments in Europe, such as DFIs, governments, (corporate) foundations, family offices and other impact driven investors, in close collaboration with our investor relations team and responsible for the timely tuning and sounding of new fund ideas and structures with market parties
- Leading role and proactive coordination of the entire process with all internal stakeholders (commerce, fund management, investment side, staff departments and Management Board) and ensuring clear agreements on the timelines (time-to-market)
Your work experience and skills:
- Completed relevant academic study
- Seasoned impact investing professional with at least 10 years of relevant work experience in impact investing, preferably with donor funded impact funds
- Proven network and access to ‘catalytic capital’ providers such as DFIs, governments, (corporate) foundations, family offices and other impact driven investors
- Excellent networking skills and proven ability to bring different stakeholders together in partnerships
- A strong entrepreneurial mindset, initiating and persevering new business ideas
- Good sense of market developments in the investment field and able to translate this into interesting investment propositions that meet the needs and wishes of investors on the one hand and the knowledge, experience, core capabilities of Triodos IM
- Experience with credit proposals, blended finance and mezzanine financing is a pre
- Strong personal connection with the mission and values of Triodos
- Proven skills to mobilize and lead people in a project within set timelines
- Fluent in English, both orally and in writing
- Valid work permit for the European Union
You want to make a difference:
Our first priority is impact – the difference is made by us as an investment manager and you as a Business Development Manager. We have an open and transparent corporate culture. We prioritise professional and personal development and believe in education and training. And that’s not all: Triodos offers good working conditions. Please check: https://www.triodos.com/en/about-triodos-bank/jobs/working-culture/
For more information about this position, please contact David Harleman, Head of Product Development via email@example.com
Please send your written motivation letter and CV before 30 January 2021 to Peter Klessens, Sr. HR Officer by using the “apply here” button in this vacancy. The first round of interviews will be by video call on the 10th of February.