We’re always looking for talented, passionate and like-minded professionals who want to bring positive change to the banking system. Whether you’re interested in working directly with the GABV team, or being placed with a member or partner, the job listings below could be just what you’re looking for. Internships, secondments, placements and full-time positions become available on a regular basis.
Members and Partners
If you are a GABV member or partner interested in advertising a paid position or an internship, placement or secondment, let us know and we will help you profile the vacancy. Email the vacancy details to email@example.com. Please be sure to include information like, role title, contract duration, recruitment contact information (name, email, telephone number) and details on the position you’d like advertised e.g. role description, company profile, remuneration etc. (as an attachment) and we will post your position.
GABV Secretariat, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) is a network of banking leaders from around the world committed to advancing positive change in the banking sector. Our collective goal is to change the banking system so that it is more transparent, supports economic, social and environmental sustainability, and is composed of a diverse range of banking institutions serving the real economy.
Founded in 2009, we are a growing network, with banks, banking cooperatives and credit unions, microfinance institutions and community development banks joining us from many parts of the world.
Our members have one thing in common: a shared mission to use finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development, with a focus on helping individuals fulfil their potential and build stronger communities.
The Global Alliance comprises of 63 financial institutions and 16 strategic partners operating in countries across Asia, Africa, Australia, Latin America, North America and Europe. Collectively we serve more than 70 million customers, hold over $210 billion USD of combined assets under management, and are supported by more than 77,000 co-workers.
The GABV secretariat includes an Executive Director, a Chief of Operations and Programmes Officer, a Research and Metrics Senior Manager, a Knowledge and Network Manager, a Brand and Communications Manager, a Logistics and Operations Officer and part-time international (Senior) Advisors.
The GABV is looking for a Metrics Intern for a minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 9 months for 24 to 32 hours/week beginning 12 October 2020.
- Please be aware that we can only consider applicants that already have a valid work and residence permit for The Netherlands and that are registered as a student throughout the internship period
During the assignment the intern will gain knowledge and experience of sustainable finance and banking subjects as well as analytic skills relative to bank financial and non-financial metrics. There are three key types of tasks:
- Financial and non-financial information systems: e.g. developing and maintaining a database of all available information on member banks, suitable for in-depth analysis, easy to update, and with potential to inform new research and case study opportunities.
- Research; e.g. desk research on financial institutions in general and sustainable banking in particular, financial analysis on a variety of types of banks to support overall research publication on the business case for sustainable banking, research on multiple aspects of non-financial metrics and initiatives in this area, research on and development of detailed assessments of potential members for the GABV, research on social impact measurement and financial institutions.
- Project management support; e.g. providing support in the management of complex projects including identifying social impact measurement and monitoring by member banks, tracking progress under the members’ Climate Change Commitment to measure and report carbon accounting within a period of three years, and the development and use of a Scorecard to assess banking sustainability.
- Organizational tasks; e.g. providing administrative support for updating the GABV website member information and other administrative tasks, including assisting in meeting and webinar organisation as well as communication with multiple stakeholders.
- Relevant Bachelor or Master students (Master level strongly preferred)
- A strong command of written and spoken English is necessary as all research and communication tasks are conducted in English. Spanish capability is highly valued.
- Interest in banking and financial services as well as sustainability and social development
- Exposure to financial analysis using publicly available information, preferably with experience in reviewing financial statements for banking institutions
- Exposure to non-financial metrics for assessing performance, preferably in the financial services sector
- The internship is relevant if you are interested in sustainable finance, financial and non-financial analysis and economics. To make this internship a success it is important that the intern likes to perform research and do organizational work
- Strong analytical skills including excellent Excel skills are required as you will be asked to compile data from public financial reports of financial institutions and submissions from banks. Analytical skills to analyse data, compile graphs and diagrams, interpret results and identify potential analysis and spreadsheet errors are very helpful
- Database management and development experience is highly valued.
- Basic understanding of annual reports, balance sheets, income statements and knowledge of financial ratios especially as they relate to banking and finance
- Able to work independently although you will work closely within a small secretariat
The location of the GABV office is in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Due to measures in place in response to COVID-19 we expect that the internship will not require regular visits to the office.
If you are interested in the position of GABV Metrics Intern, please send your motivation letter and CV (in English) before 25 September 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews of selected candidates will be held during the week of 5 October 2020.
Member and Partner Positions
Triodos Bank – Investment Manager – ECCA
The business lines Energy & Climate, Financial Inclusion and Food & Agriculture, all part of Triodos Investment Management BV (IM), aim to harmonize their governance, processes and way of working in 2020. They are at the start of an organizational change, to operate more effectively across the three transition themes within one new business line. The focus is on optimal usage of knowledge and expertise to add value for investors and investees and realize positive impact. Effective and harmonized execution of our work will serve our clients best. The investment teams manage investments in private debt, private equity and project finance in the developed and Emerging Markets.
Triodos IM is looking for a commercial person to expand the capacity of the East Europe, Caucasus, Central Asia (ECCA) investment team and fulfil the position of : Investment Manager – ECCA (32-40 hours a week)
This person will work closely in the investment team that invest in financial institutions specialized in the provision of microfinance and SME finance in developing countries. The activities in this specific region are constantly growing.
- Manage and expand an investment portfolio in the region, consisting debt, equity and quasi equity investments
- Initiate, maintain and deepen contacts with existing and new clients
- Commercially responsible for the full deal process, including negotiating conditions and contracting
- Initiate, maintain and deepen contacts with other stakeholders such as network partners, banking regulators, technical assistance providers and support agencies in order to develop new opportunities and market knowledge of covered countries
- Analyse financial statements, undertake risk assessments, perform DD, write investment proposals and obtain support for finance proposals by presenting investment recommendations to the investment committee
- Follows external developments for the benefit of the team and the business line
- Represent Triodos Bank and our mission in a modern, connected way
You will be a team member of the financial inclusion (FI) investment team ECCA, which will consist of 6 people. The investment team works closely with the fund managers team, the analysts’ team and portfolio administration.
The position requires
- Academic degree, preferably in Business Economics or Accounting/ Finance
- Significant banking and/or other relevant financial investment experience (min. 3 years) with a focus on (international) finance, preferably as an account/investment manager in the (impact) investments industry
- Experience and knowledge to analyse financial and operational structures of different types of institutions and understand their risks in the complexity of an emerging markets context
- Fluent in English, both orally and in writing, additional fluency in Russian is a preference.
- Strong connection/ affinity with the ECCA region and able to travel to the region frequently
- Applicants must be nationals of a European member state or have a valid work permit for the European Union
This is you
- Strong commercial skills; building relationships and a deal-oriented attitude, excellent communication and networking skills
- Creative, solution oriented
- Social and constructive
- Show a positive attitude on the agile way of working; entrepreneurship, client focus, resilience and continuous improving the processes and services
- Work in a structured way; keep others informed, good planning, prioritizing & organizing skills, on time and well prepared
- Have a strong affinity and personal connection to the mission and goals of Triodos Bank
Welcome at Triodos IM
Do you want to be part of an organization that has as mission to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change? Money has the power to get things done.
Triodos IM is a globally recognised leader in impact investing. Triodos IM currently manages 17+ funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets. Over the years the business has grown to EUR 4.6 billion. This growth is the result of Triodos IM’s deep market sector insights and knowledge in combination with the sustainability objectives and commitments of our partners. We work with around 200 co-workers, diversity is key which is mirrored in an international group of people where authenticity is valued.
We have an open, non-hierarchical and transparent corporate culture. We prioritise professional and personal growth and believe in education and training on the job. The formal language is English. More information? See https://www.triodos-im.com
The brand new, sustainable office is based in Driebergen, the Netherlands at the Estate Reehorst, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities
- an attractive pension policy
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport
- a company bicycle scheme
- 29 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days
- extra leave to contribute to voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home
- the option to join our collective health insurance
Want to join our team? Please send in your application (in English) including CV before October 26, 2020 to the attention of Dorette Hollestelle – Geesink, Sr. HR Advisor Triodos IM or apply online here.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.