We’re always looking for talented, passionate and like-minded professionals who want to bring positive change to the banking system. Whether you’re interested in working directly with the GABV team, or being placed with a member or partner, the job listings below could be just what you’re looking for. Internships, secondments, placements and full-time positions become available on a regular basis.
Members and Partners
If you are a GABV member or partner interested in advertising a paid position or an internship, placement or secondment, let us know and we will help you profile the vacancy. Email the vacancy details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include information like, role title, contract duration, recruitment contact information (name, email, telephone number) and details on the position you’d like advertised e.g. role description, company profile, remuneration etc. (as an attachment) and we will post your position.
GABV Secretariat, Zeist, The Netherlands
The GABV is an independent network of banks with a shared mission of using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Triodos Bank is one of the Board members of the GABV.
The Global Alliance consists of 54 financial institutions operating across multiple countries in Asia and the Pacific, Africa, the Americas, and Europe. For more information about the Global Alliance, please visit our website www.gabv.org.
For the team in Zeist we are looking for a:
Marketing and Communications Intern
This is where we need your help. We are looking for a communications intern – someone who is able to help with our content and professionalism. This includes:
- Website management
- Promotional materials
- Social media
- Banking on Values Campaign
A particularly exciting and challenging part of the job is helping us building the Banking on values movement. Through social media and other means, we want to engage different audiences to really speak up on the financial issues that matter the most, share with each other and contribute to make a change! So if you are energetic, dynamic, love twitter, Facebook, blogs, online communities – this might just be the job for you!
We are looking for an individual who is keen to develop skills in:
- Website management (WordPress)
- Photoshop/graphic design (Adobe Creative Suite and HTML)
- Social media management (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin)
- Native English speaking & writing; Other languages a plus
- Content writing
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and values flexibility
- Ability to learn quickly and on the job
- Creative and proactive personality
Key tasks include:
- Content coordination across earned, paid, owned and social media. Projects of interest include website and social media updates, Annual Report development, eZine production, member pack development, and GABV collateral;
- Campaign and initiatives coordination. Projects of interest include the international #BankingOnValues Day, media relations, and the International Marketing and Communications Community of Practice;
- Event coordination. Projects of interest include event management, support for the GABV Annual Meeting communication efforts, partner events, and sponsorship opportunities analysis and support.
You will ideally be available for at least 4 -6 months, for a minimum of 32h/week starting in October/November 2018. You will work directly under our Marketing and Communications Coordinator, with occasional remote supervision and weekly bilateral feedback sessions. You will take part in the Secretariat weekly meetings and monthly team meetings.
In order to be eligible to do an internship, you must have student status throughout your internship period.
If you are interested please send us your CV and a short letter of motivation. You can address your letter to Jasmin Panjeta at email@example.com Please state on the subject line the position you are applying for.
Project & Knowledge Management Intern
You will make an important contribution to the development of this global network of stakeholders, assisting the secretariat in promoting the goals and objectives of the banking on values movement. The internship takes place at the GABV in Zeist, where the intern will work as a member of the team.
The intern will support team activities that contribute to training/knowledge transfer and drawing ‘lessons learnt’.
In particular, the intern will be asked to:
• Regularly update the organizations client management system
• Assist in regular content of the upcoming Member-only space
• Assist in optimizing and facilitating knowledge exchange amongst the team
• Conduct research to identify new knowledge management practices that we can implement;
• Assist in the coordination of internal events, i.e. brownbag meetings and webinars;
• Review the existing knowledge management tools, system and content to identify existing gaps.
• Contribute to other projects, including Communities of Practice Annual Survey and Report (Nov 2018) and Annual Event Report (Mar 2019)
The internship offers students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure the Values-Based Banking movement. It is designed to assist a student in using her/his communication and management skills to assist the organization in organizing its work and ensuring it is made readily available
Ideally we are looking for a student intern that fits these criteria:
- Availability of at least 4 -6 months, for a minimum of 32h/week
- The completion (or near completion) of a graduate or undergraduate degree in business, finance, economics, political science, international development or other relevant field.
- Working experience in an international organization or the financial sector is a strong asset.
- Fluency in English is a requirement, knowledge of Spanish and/or Dutch is an asset.
- Excellent Communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability and willingness to operate on a multicultural team.
- Values independence and flexibility, possesses an entrepreneurial spirit
- Knowledge of Salesforce is an asset
- have student status throughout your internship
You will work directly under our Knowledge Management and Services to Members Coordinator, with occasional remote supervision and weekly bilateral feedback sessions. You will take part of the Secretariat weekly meetings and monthly team meetings.
If you are interested, please send us your CV and a short letter of motivation. You can address your letter to Sofia Ortega Tineo at firstname.lastname@example.org Please state on the subject line the position you are applying for.