We’re always looking for talented, passionate and like-minded professionals who want to bring positive change to the banking system. Whether you’re interested in working directly with the GABV team, or being placed with a member or partner, the job listings below could be just what you’re looking for. Internships, secondments, placements and full-time positions become available on a regular basis.
Members and Partners
If you are a GABV member or partner interested in advertising a paid position or an internship, placement or secondment, let us know and we will help you profile the vacancy. Email the vacancy details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include information like, role title, contract duration, recruitment contact information (name, email, telephone number) and details on the position you’d like advertised e.g. role description, company profile, remuneration etc. (as an attachment) and we will post your position.
GABV Secretariat, Zeist, The Netherlands
Triodos Investment Management, Zeist, The Netherlands
The GABV is an independent network of banks with a shared mission of using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Triodos Bank is one of the Board members of the GABV.
The Global Alliance consists of 54 financial institutions operating across multiple countries in Asia and the Pacific, Africa, the Americas, and Europe. For more information about the Global Alliance, please visit our website www.gabv.org.
For the team in Zeist we are looking for a:
Marketing and Communications Intern
This is where we need your help. We are looking for a communications intern – someone who is able to help with our content and professionalism. This includes:
- Website management
- Promotional materials
- Social media
- Banking on Values Campaign
A particularly exciting and challenging part of the job is helping us building the Banking on values movement. Through social media and other means, we want to engage different audiences to really speak up on the financial issues that matter the most, share with each other and contribute to make a change! So if you are energetic, dynamic, love twitter, Facebook, blogs, online communities – this might just be the job for you!
We are looking for an individual who is keen to develop skills in:
- Website management (WordPress)
- Photoshop/graphic design (Adobe Creative Suite and HTML)
- Social media management (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin)
- Native English speaking & writing; Other languages a plus
- Content writing
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and values flexibility
- Ability to learn quickly and on the job
- Creative and proactive personality
Key tasks include:
- Content coordination across earned, paid, owned and social media. Projects of interest include, web site and social media updates, Annual Report development, eZine production, member pack development, and GABV collateral;
- Campaign and initiatives coordination. Projects of interest include the international #BankingOnValues Day, media relations, and the international Marketing and Communications Community of Practice;
- Event coordination. Projects of interest include event management, support for the GABV Annual Meeting communication efforts, partner events, and sponsorship opportunities analysis and support.
You will ideally be available for at least 4 -6 months, for a minimum of 32h/week starting in October/November 2018. You will work directly under our Marketing and Communications Coordinator, with occasional remote supervision and weekly bilateral feedback sessions. You will take part of the Secretariat weekly meetings and monthly team meetings.
If you are interested please send us your CV and a short letter of motivation. You can address your letter to Jasmin Panjeta at email@example.com Please state on the subject line the position you are applying for.
Project & Knowledge Management Intern
You will make an important contribution to the development of this global network of stakeholders, assisting the secretariat in promoting the goals and objectives of the banking on values movement. The internship takes place at the GABV in Zeist, where the intern will work as a member of the team.
The intern will support team activities that contribute to training/knowledge transfer and drawing ‘lessons learnt’.
In particular, the intern will be asked to:
• Regularly update the organizations client management system
• Assist in regular content of the upcoming Member-only space
• Assist in optimizing and facilitating knowledge exchange amongst the team
• Conduct research to identify new knowledge management practices that we can implement;
• Assist in the coordination of internal events, i.e. brownbag meetings and webinars;
• Review the existing knowledge management tools, system and content to identify existing gaps.
• Contribute to other projects, including Communities of Practice Annual Survey and Report (Nov 2018) and Annual Event Report (Mar 2019)
The internship offers students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure the Values-Based Banking movement. It is designed to assist a student in using her/his communication and management skills to assist the organization in organizing its work and ensuring it is made readily available
Ideally we are looking for a student intern that fits these criteria:
- Availability of at least 4 -6 months, for a minimum of 32h/week
- The completion (or near completion) of a graduate or undergraduate degree in business, finance, economics, political science, international development or other relevant field.
- Working experience in an international organization or the financial sector is a strong asset.
- Fluency in English is a requirement, knowledge of Spanish and/or Dutch is an asset.
- Excellent Communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability and willingness to operate on a multicultural team.
- Values independence and flexibility, possesses an entrepreneurial spirit
- Knowledge of Salesforce is an asset
You will work directly under our Knowledge Management and Services to Members Coordinator, with occasional remote supervision and weekly bilateral feedback sessions. You will take part of the Secretariat weekly meetings and monthly team meetings.
If you are interested, please send us your CV and a short letter of motivation. You can address your letter to Sofia Ortega Tineo at firstname.lastname@example.org Please state on the subject line the position you are applying for.
The Emerging Markets team of Triodos Investment Management manages funds that invest in financial institutions specialised in the provision of microfinance and SME finance in developing countries with a combined volume of over EUR 850 million.
Furthermore, Triodos Investment Management provides finance in the form of private debt and equity to support sustainable food and agricultural production as well as access to sustainable energy. Our business has grown based on deep market sector insights and commitment to sustainability objectives of our investees.
Triodos Investment management is looking for an entrepreneurial individual in the Financial Inclusion Analyst team to fulfil the position of:
Portfolio Analyst Financial Inclusion
(32-40 hours a week)
The position is based in Zeist, The Netherlands. Applicants must be nationals of a European member state or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
The individual will work closely with the Emerging Markets Investment team to provide support in the reporting and analysis of different Impact Investment funds in the field of inclusive finance, sustainable food and agriculture and renewable energy in Emerging and Developing Markets.
- Affinity with our values and mission
- Strong analytical, modelling and reporting skills and a quantitative orientation
- Minimum of 3 years working experience as Portfolio Analyst, preferably in Impact Investing
- Experienced in portfolio or fund management and analysing and monitoring financial, impact and sustainability-related indicators in financial institutions in Emerging markets
- Have a basic understanding of private debt and private equity investments in Emerging and Developing markets
- Strong interest or affinity with different impact themes in Emerging Markets: inclusive finance, renewable energy and sustainable food and agriculture
- Ability to think creatively and work on projects that lead to improved work procedures
- Academic degree, preferably Economics
- Strong knowledge of Excel is a hard prerequisite
- Fluent in English, both orally and in writing
Triodos Bank is one of the world’s leading sustainable banks. Our mission is to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change. Triodos Bank operates in Europe from branches in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Spain and the UK.
Triodos Investment Management, a 100% subsidiary of Triodos Bank, is a globally recognised leader in impact investment, managing direct investments around themes including climate and energy, inclusive finance in emerging markets, sustainable trade, organic food and agriculture, sustainable real estate and listed companies with above average environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance. Our business has grown on the basis of deep market sector insights and commitment to sustainability objectives of our partners. We currently manage 17+ funds (totalling €4.2 billion) investing in both Europe and emerging markets. For more information www.triodos-im.com
We offer you
As a sustainable organization, we find it important to invest pro-actively in your personal and professional development. You will be working in a professional, informal and transparent atmosphere. We offer a working environment within a growing organization where there is room for personal ideas, initiatives and balance. Do you want to know more about our working culture, career development initiatives and employee benefits? Then click on the following link: https://www.triodos.com/en/about-triodos-bank/jobs/working-culture/
For more information about this position, please contact Femke Bos, Fund Manager, by sending an e-mail to Femke.Bos@triodos.nl
Applicants can apply by clicking on the following link: https://www.triodosjobs.com/EN/vacature/reference/NLGABVJ32497/application-form.aspx, before 10 September 2018.
Note that the first round of interviews will take place on 18 or 21 September.
Details from this advertisement are not to be used for marketing purposes.
Zeist, The Netherlands